Club Socials and Special Events
Between April and October, the Paradise Pointe Yacht Club plans to hold monthly socials for the general membership and their guests on the second Saturday of every month. The usual meeting time and place is 6:00 pm at the covered picnic area overlooking the docks at Sailboat Cove on Smithville Lake near Paradise, Missouri. Watch the web site and club emails for details. Click here for driving directions. Check this page for information about other special events planned over the course of the sailing season.
- All Members and Prospective Members Welcome
When: Saturday, October 19, 2013 (CHANGE FROM USUAL SOCIAL SCHEDULE FOR OCTOBER! This is the third Saturday of the month not the second Saturday)
Time: 6-10 PM
Place: Basement of the Platte Valley Bank, South Location, at 1603 169 Hwy South in Smithville. There are two branches in Smithville. This is the first branch office you see coming into Smithville from the south on 169.
Meal: Potluck/BYOB. Come join us for a night of fun and friendship.
- Sweet 16 Cleanup Day
When: Sunday, May 19, 2013
Time: 9 AM
Place: Sailboat Cove at Smithville Lake
Volunteers are needed to make quick work cleaning up the club's small Sweet 16 fleet. We clean and prep the boats every year as a courtesy and 'Welcome to Sailing' gesture. The more who pitch in the faster the job gets done.
2013 Social Calendar
- Saturday, April 13, 2013 (6 PM)- April Social and Spring Ice Breaker, Basement of the Platte Valley Bank in Smithville
- Saturday, May 11, 2013 (6 PM) - May Social, Sailboat Cove
- Saturday, June 8, 2013 (6 PM) - June Social, Sailboat Cove
- Saturday, July 13, 2013 (6 PM) - July Social, Sailboat Cove
- Saturday, August 10, 2013 (6 PM) - August Social, Sailboat Cove
- Saturday, September 14, 2013 (6 PM) - September Social, Sailboat Cove
- Saturday, October 19, 2013 (6 PM) - October Social and Awards Ceremony, Basement of the Platte Valley Bank in Smithville (IMPORTANT NOTE: To accommodate the season championship races on October 12th, the October social will be the third Saturday in October!)
- 2013-2014 - Winter Events To Be Announced